I think that's a great question! I do remember that, during that same time
period of the early '60s, my best friend's stay-at-home mother had her
husband's shirts picked up & laundered by our local dry cleaner because he was
a very meticulous and officious accountant who worked for one of the largest
insurance companies in downtown Chicago and demanded that his shirts be
professionally pressed & starched to the nth degree. [Actually, as I'm
remembering him now I realize he could have passed for Barney - short,
skinny/wiry, and a little too impressed with his own importance at times!] But
Andy sure never wore pressed & starched shirts, so maybe his official uniform
pants needed more pressing than Aunt Bee wanted to deal with?

HistoryBuff

info
Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:20:16 -0700

After watching "Aunt Bee The Warden"  again last nite I got to thinking.  What
would Aunt Bee need a laundry service for?   Was that common back then?  Nobody
ever does my laundry for me.
Just wondering.   Now, get to it.
Bee in New Concord, OH
Brenda J. Higgins