A little bit ago someone asked if it was a common thing for folks to send out
laundry.  My late husband was a policeman (also a fan of Andy Griffith), and he
insisted that his uniform shirts go to the laundry so they could be pressed
RIGHT!  They had to be creased just so, and apparently I couldn't do that with
my steam iron.  Ah, well, those days are gone now.  But what I would dearly
love
to see are the prices they charged in Mayberry:  5 lbs. of bacon for 99 cents,
10 lbs. potatoes for 29 cents, picnics for 29 cents a pound, oranges were 29
cents dozen, and Aunt Bee bought an apron for EIGHTY SEVEN CENTS!  Good Grief,
those prices are fantastic!

Love that show!