Just to add to what Sandy and Mike have said, Tim  does have a great
relationship with George Lindsey.  The last time I saw Tim, he talked
about going to George's birthday party.  He reported that George asked
Him "How is our career going?"  George's heath does not allow him to do
much "acting" or very few appearances, as I understand.

So, not to beat this to death, but there is no rule written or unwritten
that a tribute artist's character's original actor cannot be alive.  Don
Knott's enjoyed many joint appearances with David Browning before his
death.  Just to add one more tidbit.  While some Tribute Artists could
be basically volunteer, David Browning is a professional actor.  Doing
the Mayberry Deputy (as well as other acting) is his career.

I enjoyed seeing the clip also.   Thanks for sharing that.

The Untrained Voice

Ken, I thought your talk was real nice.  The only thing you might add to
the intro would be.  "Friends Family, Fellow Citizens and Honored
Guests...." Or something like that