Hit the downtown about 7:45 and got a parking spot on Main st., ate our
breakfast and got ready for the parade.  It started right on time and what a
parade it was! Longest so far at just over an hour! I think our first one back
in '98 was about 20 minutes. After the parade we roamed in a few stores, then
headed to the Playhouse, but sadly the silent auction was all over when we
arrived, so we went over to the amphitiheater where a Gospel singing group was
performing, then the cloggers took over for a rousing number before Art Fettig
took the stage to do his Almost Andy show. This man bears an amazing
resemblance to Matlock and is a great performer....at age 81!
We are getting ready to head down to the playhouse for Col. Tim's Talent Time
where we have been promised a surprise guest this year and none of us have any
idea who it could be!
Our boss/overseer, Allan aka Floyd, has been busy but seems to be having a
blast getting and receiving lots of love!! What a great group of people here!
The police have an easy time during Mayberry days!
So, that's it for now, will try to give an update when we get back tonight if
time, and if not will try in the AM to let you know who our surprise guest was!
Welford TheCameraNutttt!!!!