Hey Chuck,
(I hope it's ok to call you by your first name) I was there too.  It was one of 
only a couple times all the Dillards were at an event.  That was really special 
for me.  I had all of them sign one of my "jugs" (which I have now retired that 
jug).
Everybody on the truck!!
Bob "Briscoe" Mundy
 
Message: 4
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 20:59:58 -0500
From: "chuck talley" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Hoosier Cabinets
Message-ID: <63147FE76C6C4142A4CB5ADA6482DE59@mayberrydelight>
Content-Type: text/plain;    charset="iso-8859-1"

All the talk about Hoosier Cabinets actually reminded me of Indiana - Hoosiers. 
In 2004, Mayberry In The Midwest III was held in New Castle, Indiana (Hoosiers) 
and it was a very good Mayberry Cast Reunion. There were so many cast members 
there that they had to use some adjoining towns to hold the autograph sessions. 
I really wanted to see her and get Maggie Peterson Mancuso's autograph 
(Charlene Darling) so we drove a short distance to Knightstown, Ind. where she 
was in the Hoosier Gym - Home of the Hickory Huskers. For the non - basketball 
fans, this is the gym where they filmed the movie "Hoosiers" and it was exactly 
like in the film, which remains one of the better sports films of all time. I 
did get Charlene's autograph (she was absolutely delightful) and a picture of 
me taking a basketball shot which I made. It was a lay up. Not only were the 
stars there, but a whole host of tribute artists were there including "Barney", 
"Otis"," Goober"," Opie",
 "Howard", "Ernest T" and "Floyd", 


      
_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/wbmutbb/

Reply via email to