Speaking of carriage returns I always laugh when I see Emmett Clark trying to fix a typewriter both in TAGS and RFD. He always tapped it with a hammer. He worked on the assumption that everything that was broke was stuck. Can you imagine old Emmett trying to repair computers, cell phones, I Pads, and all the other electronal marvels we have nowadays. One of my favorite Mayberry RFD episodes was when Emmett broke his arm falling into the oil pit at Goober's. He hired Ernie, a high school kid, to help him out in the Fix It Shop. Ernie was a whizz with the new electronal gadgets in Mayberry so Emmett ended up going back to the high school to take a science class.

Ken Anderson
The Mayberry Guru
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, WI 54701