My family was at a Wal-mart Superstore this past weekend.  When ready to check 
out, I found the shortest line, or so it seemed.

As per Murphy's law there was an issue with one guy checking out.,  There was 
just one other person, and she just had a hot pad (when she could have bought 
from Bert Miller) and she contemplated going to another line.  I commented, you 
can probably check out faster at the self-serve checkout which she agreed.  (Of 
course Barney would never use that because it's a machine like a stamp machine 
and not a person).

This allowed me to creep up closer like an interloper and find out what was 
going on with the delay.  This gentleman was disputing the charge for a bucket 
of fried chicken.  As I unloaded my cart I heard the cashier say 10 Dollars for 
the chicken..but the feisty customer maintained that the sign said 10 cents!!

Are you kidding me?? That would have been a huge bargain even back in the days 
of our favorite show.  You could get ice cream for ten cents..a bottle of pop.. 
sugar pills disguised as a miracle drug..but not a whole bucket of 
chicken...even at Diamond Jims if it was raw!!

Finally, another line opened next to us, and we were allowed to transfer over 
as the standoff continued now with a manager telling him there is no way they 
would sell chicken for 10 cents.  The manager even went back to retrieve the 
sign, and was returning as we left after having checked out.  In the car we 
agreed we wished we had stayed to watch the final verdict, but my daughter made 
the best comment.  "What a Chicken Thief!"


I was very proud
Happy Sailing Allan and all those on the Mayberry Cruise--wish we were there

The Untrained Voice
 

 

_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/wbmutbb/

Reply via email to