These "Keepsakes from Mayberry" do not necessarily have to have ever been seen,
do they? I'm thinking I'd like to have the corner street sign that designates
Rockford and Haymore, since that is Andy Griffith's home street and corner in
Mount Airy. I don't believe it's ever shown but in the last black and white
episode, with Jerry Van Dyke, Andy offers him the prestigious position of
crossing guard. He walks Jerry outside the courthouse, points down the street,
and tells him school is just about to be let out and he needs to go to Rockford
and Haymore. So that's what I'll take as my choice of a Mayberry Keepsake.
I belong to a Walton's Mountain on line group (their newsletter comes out only
once a month). They want members to choose a "Keeper of....." I'm the Keeper of
John Boy's typewriter. I would have picked the typewriter in the Mayberry
courthouse but who needs two typewriters?
Harriet
, the chicken thief, hiding in Kelsey's Woods, USA
......"Johnny Paul Jason says chewing tar is good for your teeth"..."That's
an old wives tale"...."Johnny Paul ain't married"........
_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/wbmutbb/