@rspell3:You are spot on with your assessment of the gathering of tobacco
leaves.My father raised tobacco as far back
as I can remember and we "cropped" tobacco in North Carolina.Other terms
dealing with tobacco from start to finish
were "planting or setting "
tobacco,"croppers","stringers","handers","sorters","hangers","driving drag"(not
dressing),
"curing","tobacco crates"....and my favorite memory,going with my daddy to the
tobacco market to sell the fruits of
his labor.He would always buy me a Pepsi & a Baby Ruth,both of which cost
probably no more than 15 cents.

Depending on your locale,any of the aforementioned words can take on a whole
new meaning.Anyway you spell it,it was
hard work.Lest we forget those horrible tobacco worms and having to "sucker"
tobacco.

Dewey in NC

Bought the missus a hamster skin coat last week.Took her to the county fair
last night...took me 3 hours to get her
off the Ferris Wheel.