I was reading a book by Anne George today.  She is a southern author who writes
witty mysteries.  On the very first page the two heroines, sisters,  get into
an altercation with the bank president and one hits him in the head with her
umbrella, which brings the bank guard in.  The author must be a fan of TAGS,
because she wrote; " He looked just like Barney Fife, the guard did, and
chances were the bullet was in his pocket....."  And later on wrote, " sister
probably could have knocked the gun out of the guards hand, if he hadn't of
looked so pitiful standing there shaking like a leaf."  Only a fan of the show
could have nailed the description so well.

To go back to another topic, the paint.   That was one ugly shade of green.
Definitely not avacado, and the whole town was painted the same color.  The
studios must of gone to a paint sale that year and bought in bulk to make
things more uniform.  I have noticed that they use bits and pieces of known
sets locations, like the Taylor house in different scenes as someone elses home
or porch etc....  Maybe it was easier if they didn't have to worry about paint
color.

And lastly,  the Taylors must have spent a fortune wallpapering their living
room.  I've noticed every year or so the wallpaper changes.

Half the fun of watching the show since I've seen every episode a hundred times
is noticing the little details.  These were just a few of my observations.

Johnna
Fayetteville, AR