Hey,Mayberry friends. Well, first let me say that I'm glad we have Barney Fife
to 'track 'em down'. My first choice would be the 'Phony FBI Agent'. NO. 2
would have to be Melissa Stevens and her 'Daddy'. And No. 3 would be Mrs.
Mendelbrights new boarder.

Seems to me, all three were out to take advantage of the good citizens of
Mayberry. I'll admit that all the others were out to do the same, but I believe
these were the worst.

I think I find that all the others did at least have just a bit of 'heart' in
their shenanigans.

A number of years ago a man stopped at my house and offered to clean up my yard
(it was fall with a lot of leaves on the ground and my yard did look bad) for
$50. He looked a bit down on his luck, driving an old truck similar to
Mr.Wheelers. I was working a lot at the time and didn't have much spare time,
so I said OK, but he said he needed the money up front to buy gas for his truck
and equipment. I told him I had plenty of gas but I'd give him $10 for his
truck and pay him the rest when he finished. Well, you guessed it. I never saw
him or my $10 again.

I think it was my Mayberry heart that did it because I happen to be one of
those people that do trust people, but I didn't let him get a look at my
wristwatch with the genuine gold band, you know the kind that pinches your
wrist.(And I kept my keys in my pocket!)

     Larry in Lincolnton