> Yesterday's advertising message got me to thinking about Mayberry shopping
> opportunities with no more racks, especially Bert Miller. Absolutely no
> better customer service or return policy.  Of course, when he got rid of
> the ringin doorbells, I guess he gained some racks. .Aside from Bert, and
> Barney's foray into vacuum cleaner sales, were there any other mentions of
> door to door sales?

Well, Opie and the other boys went door to door with the Miracle Salve -
temporarily and unsuccessfully.  Of course, it seems like all they ever got out
of their mouths was "Ma'am (or Sir) would you like to buy some - " and then the
door would slam!!!  But at the end of the episode, didn't Barney and Gomer have
to go try to get rid of that huge shipment they had received at Andy's house?
I think we just saw them going out the door calling out "Salve!" (if memory
serves correctly). And Opie and Howie (or was it Arnold?) tried to sell their
newspapers (which was not a success) and caused a tremendous stir when they
gave everyone the edition with all the gossip in it.
BONUS:  This is of course not door-to-door "sales", but didn't Opie and Arnold
go door to door to try to find a good home for the baby they found?  They had
good intentions and were trying to help but I think a few people were shocked -
Miss Crump for one!! :)
(My response isn't completely on-target, but these are the things I thought of
while answering.)
Lisa