One day Aunt Bee was home by herself when she heard a knock at the front door. 
She opened it to find a stranger holding a clipboard. 

"Good morning, madam," he said. "I'm from the census bureau." With pen in hand, 
he started to fill out a census form, asking, "How old are you, Miss Taylor?"

Aunt Bee replied, "Well, I never! That's none of your business!"

The census man persisted, saying, "This is an official document, madam. I have 
to write down SOMETHING."

She then asked, "Have you been to see my friend Mary Hill and her twin sister 
Mabel?"  He said that he had not, but he was planning to call on them later 
that same day. So Aunt Bee told him, "Mary and Mabel and I were all born in the 
same year, and that's all I'm going to tell you. Now skedaddle!" 

"Very well, madam," he said, and then in the space marked "age" he wrote "As 
Old As The Hills."


Paul Mulik
_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/wbmutbb/

Reply via email to