Editor of our newspaper recently wrote an editorial about crime in Eau
Claire.  He began his editorial by saying, "Eau Claire is not Detroit, but
we are not Mayberry, North Carolina either."

Today while reading a mystery by David Rosenfelt, which is a story about a
serial killer and it takes place in a small town named Wilton.

This quote was in the book.

"There's a good deal of Mayberry in Wilton, and people see me as a friend
as well as a police chief.  But Andy Taylor never had to deal with a serial
killer; if he had, it would have created quite a stir at Floyd's Barber
Shop".

--
Ken Anderson
The Mayberry Guru