Unfortunately, due to a prior commitment, I wasn't able to attend and report
first hand, but from what I've read, the unveiling of the Don Knotts statue in
Morgantown, WV on Saturday went extremely well.  His daughter, Karen, was on
hand and plenty of "before he was Barney" stories went around.

http://wvmetronews.com/2016/07/23/don-knotts-statue-unveiled-in-morgantown/

Has there been any other program that had so many good, quality people in every
aspect of it?  From the actors, the staff, writers, directors, family members
and fans.  They all make me proud to be a virtual citizen of Mayberry.  Makes
me want to put on  "Never Hit Your Grandmaw With A Great Big Stick".

Paul
A li'l bit o'Mayberry in Jane Lew, WV