Things are shaping up for another great festival in Mount Airy this year and I
look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. If you've never been to
Mayberry Days take advantage of excellent weather (according to Calvin
Coolidge) and come to Mount Airy this weekend.

Legitimate concern about the availability of gas, but my observation is
companies that own their tanker trucks do have gas so truck stops like
Pilot/Flying J and the like are good. Smaller convenient stores that rely on
contract trucks to deliver their gas run out until the next delivery. Don't
panic, but don't let the gauge go to E before filling up (insert Gomer's quote
here). Most of all, travel safely and be an example to your friends and family
and don't use your phone while driving.

One change to the line up with Rodney and Beverly Dillard leading the Sunday
Chapel with their Mayberry Values service at the Blackmon Amphitheatre. Tickets
to all shows are still available by calling SAC at 336.786.7998 but many are
nearly sold out. Tickets to MD17 are also available if you want to get good
seats next year.

Don't forget about the WBMUTBB Silent Auction on Saturday. Thank you to those
who have reached out to me about your donations. We've got some great items
again this year. Please stop by on Saturday after the parade in front of the
Playhouse and say hey.

It's BIG!
Jeff

http://www.surryarts.org