I would like to say a very sincere "Thank You" to those folks at Mayberry
Days who were responsible for my receiving the Jim Schwenke Memorial
Award.  It was so unexpected and was a complete shock to learn about it.

I am sure there were any number of great Mayberry fans all over the country
who were very deserving of this award, and it means so much to me that I
was chosen by a group of my Mayberry peers.

Nothing I do with Mayberry would be possible without the help of my
wonderful wife of 46 years, Linda.  She has supported me 100% and has
encouraged me even more.  She is by my side at every parade, car show,
presentation, and special event.  She drives the squad car in every parade
and she helps set up for all my presentations.  She takes all the pictures
and helps in so many ways.  She is constantly encouraging me to improve by
coming up with new ideas and she has even given me her bonus checks from
work to help fix up the squad car.

I would also like to thank Bob Dewitt, who many of you might know.  Bob
sold me his squad car six years ago and he has been such a great friend.
He has sent me numerous Mayberry items during that time and has been so
encouraging to me too.

It is so important to keep the spirit of Mayberry alive.  Our world has so
many very serious problems and there are so many people out there that are
hurting so badly.  Each and every one of you should be thanked for helping
to make our world a better place.  We may not make a huge difference to the
world, but perhaps if each of us can make a small difference to a hurting
person, then it will all be worth while.

I apologize for another long rant, but I never get tired of talking about
Mayberry.  One more thing to share.  I was called today by one of radio
stations and they asked me to call in to their talk show this morning so
they could talk to me about Mayberry.  What a joy that will be.

Blessings to each of you.

-- 
Ken Anderson
The Mayberry Guru
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701
www.themayberryguru.com
www.mayberryreflections.com
_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.wbmutbb.com/

Reply via email to