I learned something today at a car show that I had never known about Don
Knotts.
Starting in 1949 he began playing the role of Windy Wales in the radio
show, "Bobby Benson and the B Bar B Riders".

(19 Episodes)
"Bobby Benson & The B Bar B Riders"
The 30 minute childrens' western program "Bobby Benson & The B Bar B
Riders," starring Clive Rice as Bobby 1951-1955 on MBS, was heard weekly
(1949-1955) on WKIC Radio - 5:30 pm monday thru friday, as well as on
Monday at 8pm, Saturday at 5pm & Sunday at 3pm.

This popular kids' program (which gave a 20-something year old Don Knotts
his comedic role as the voice of old geezer, Windy Wales) outlasted nearly
all other childrens' adventure dramas, including Superman, Captain
Midnight, Straight Arrow, Sky King & Green Hornet.
SOURCE: HazardKentucky.com
** Oh, for the days when our children used their imagination for
entertainment! Those days are not gone as long as these programs outlast
defunct video games and TV Programs!!

--
Ken Anderson
The Mayberry Guru