I once purchased an 'autographed' photo of Don Knotts off Ebay. After I got it
I looked at the signature and it was a copy, not original, but only paid about
$10 for it, so donated it to the Silent Auction with notation it was a copy,
but it still sold for over $10.
I have one authentic item which is NOT for sale and will go to the Mayberry
Museum one day if they want it...a little figurine of a hog dressed in a white
suit, little black string tie, and holding a cigar..."Boss Hawg" is what is
says on the bottom, and is autographed by James Best. I took it to him at
Mayberry Days some years back and got it autographed and have photos to prove
it!
If you wish to see it, you'll have to wait a while!
Welford theCameraNutttttttt!!!