Ray and I attended Mayberry in the Midwest in Danville, Indiana, yesterday and
had such a great time!  It rained during part of the parade, but it didn't rain
long and the sun was out the rest of the day.  There were people I hoped to see
but didn't, though I did run into several.  I met Joe Gritton for the first
time after many years of reading his digest posts.  I also got to meet Randy
Turner.  Both Randy and Joe are great guys, and we participated in the trivia
contest together.  I was surprised and thrilled to win third place in the
contest, and I'm very proud of the trophy I took home!  We went to Ronnie
Schell's tribute to Jim Nabors and enjoyed that.  Ronnie is a funny guy.  He
autographed one of his pictures for me afterwards, and we talked a bit.  I
found out his wife is named Janet, too.  My only complaint of the day is that
we didn't get to do everything and see everyone that I wanted to.  Ronnie's
show ran long, so we missed the squad car nationals.  Also, since I was in
  the trivia contest, I missed seeing Margaret Kerry at the museum.  And I even
missed some of the tribute artists' show because we were having lunch with
relatives and it took a long time to get our food.  Oh, well.  It's hard to
pack everything into only one day!  We both had a great time, though, and are
so glad we made the trip this year.

Thelma Lou

(Janet)