One of my favorite quotes from Mayberry is "I think I got her if she don't jump!" I use this when attempting something difficult and someone offers to help. I always follow up with "That's an Andyism" and then explain if they don't get it. Sometimes after this the person will ask if Mayberry is a real place and where is it; I reply with a hand motion to my heart and brain first and then explain that it is based on Andy's hometown in NC. But even if the person doesn't know all about it, they at least know the names Andy and Mayberry; makes me proud!!!

I'll have to keep an eye out for June Bride on TCM. I didn't find but a Spanish version on Amazon so didn't order it. Have you ever seen Thelma Lou in Cheaper by the Dozen? She is a truly charming southern belle in that one and thoroughly delightful as always.

Aunt Bee of Orlando