We participated in a National Night Out event in a neighboring city.  We
had a huge crowd with lots of kids and many activities.  We had a steady
stream of kids all night who wanted to play our games and see the squad
car.  The only downside was:  Not one police officer there even said hello
to us.  They would walk right past our tent and not even say hi or
acknowledge us.  It was as if we were not even there.  This happened the
entire night.  It wasn't as if we were horning in or anything, as the
police department contacted us and invited us to take part.  Most of the
officers are young guys, and I think they don't appreciate the humor with
Barney.  But we have four more events this week, so we will continue to
have fun.
Ken Anderson
The Mayberry Guru
2906 May Street