Recently, our weekly local newspaper up here in Grand Island had an article
about the recipients of this year's Distinguished Alumni Award*. *One of
them was named *Malcolm J. Merriweather, *Grand Island High School Class of
'93.  Mr. Merriweather is quite a musical talent, as can be seen from this
excerpt from his biography:

*Conductor Malcolm J. Merriweather is Music Director of New York City’s
Dessoff Choirs, an Assistant Professor, Director of Choral Studies and
Voice Department Coordinator at Brooklyn College of the City University of
New York, and Artist in Residence at Union Theological Seminary.*

Naturally,  I had to contact him to ask him the obvious question - was he
named after the character in TAGS, or was this just a coincidence?  I was
able to get his e-mail address and contacted him directly - I was
pleasantly surprised that he replied the next day. Here is part of his
response:

*"You know people ask me that all the time. It’s a coincidence. I was named
after my great grandfather- Malcolm!"*

So, although Mr. Merriweather wasn't named after our favorite British
character on the show,  the fact that he is always asked that question
shows just how popular and enduring TAGS remains.

Joe Suszczynski
Grand Island, NY