In watching some oldies today I realized a major booboo committed by the writers. In the episode where the IRS bills Aunt Bee for the value of the prizes she won on that TV show, she ended up selling everything except the TV and the garbage disposal. But a few episodes later when she misplaces Aunt Martha's antique pin and gets the insurance settlement, she buys a garbage disposal when Andy points out that she gave up the one she won on the game show. I guess the writers did not know we viewers many years later would be paying attention, huh?

Meanwhile, do you other Mayberrians daydream about a Mayberry theme park? I do. I plan out the town in my head and picture a county fair on the outskirts for those who must have rides to enjoy the experience. I think about the copy merchandise like Aunt Bee's bed jacket that we could sell. I think about hiring look-alikes and finding antique cars to complete the picture. It's a fun hobby but it sure would be a wonderful place if it could be done. I'd want to live there full-time!

Aunt Bee of Orlando