> Maybe they didn't use it because of it being so associated at the time with
> "Beverly Hillbillies"?

Considering TAGS premeired in 1960 and B.H. didn't premerie until 1962, there
were several seasons before the famous phrase was used. Holywood had plenty of
time to come up with incorporating it as a friendly gesture to busines patrons
long before the rednecks turned city folk waved at the camera.

And before any of you start using it  here, it's plural, NEVER singlular...the
contraction of "You all". A poet wrote this, not me.  All you folks from other
parts, both city folks and rural. Come listen here, I got the word and the word
y'all is plural.

Harriet, the chicken thief