> That maybe 20 second scene is totally silent, except for the background
> music....recall any other "silent" scene?

In High Noon in Mayberry, when Andy is listening to the footsteps leading to
the door. The doorbell buzzer tone was timed by someone - probably Paul (the
real Mayberry guru) Mulik,  I don't remember how long the tone is held but long
enough to be counted as a "silent moment".

PS - Anyone notice how often Leo Gordon (Luke Comstock) appears in TV Westerns?
From good guy to bad guy he's everywhere, practically in every single western
series made for TV.  Also, Mr. McBeeve (Karl Swenson) appears often enough to
rival Leo's appearances. Mostly Karl is sporting a beard and hard to recognize
until he speaks.

Harriet, the chicken thief, who doesn't like loud doorbell buzzers