I guess while staying home most of the time, watching TAGS more, my sense
of catching odd things on the show is heightened. Today, while Barney was
on the phone making date plans with Thelma Lou, he said she would not have
time to change her clothes after work. That she would have to wear her
uniform - 'you wear your uniform and I'll wear my uniform'. This was shown
in 1964. What jobs would require a woman to wear a uniform beside waitress
and nurse, at that time? I'm not old enough to have noticed anything else.
Elizabeth in Ga