I agree with Ron - it's been too quiet here on the Bulletin Board, so, I
thought I would try to get something going.

Since we're in the middle of awards season, and with the Oscars coming up
in a couple of weeks, I thought it would be interesting to see what TAGS
fans think are the best performances by cast members during the first 5
"Black and White" seasons. So.....here are my nominations for the leading
characters; I have some more for supporting roles and guest stars I'll
write up later this week.

*Barney Fife*:  There are too many excellent episodes to even try to narrow
down to a few nominations - but I think his scene on the witness stand in
"Andy on Trial" is Barney's single best acting performance during the
entire series.

*Opie:*   I would nominate Opie's performances in "Opie and the Spoiled
Kid", and "Opie's Ill-Gotten Gain" as standouts - but I would have to say
that Opie's performance throughout the entire episode of "Opie the
Birdman", where he went through a whole range of emotions, at his age was
pretty impressive.

*Aunt Bee:*  this was a tougher one. There are several performances
that stand out.  I would nominate her roles in "The Bed Jacket", "Aunt
Bee's Medicine Man",  "Briscoe Declares for Aunt Bee", and "Wedding Bells
for Aunt Bee",  but for me,  probably the best performance overall was in
"The Pageant" - but it's a close call.

*Andy Taylor*: Hard to know where to begin, because there are so many
episodes and scenes where Andy's acting was outstanding. I especially liked
all those serious father-son interactions with Opie, in episodes like "Opie
the Birdman", "Mr. McBeevee". "A Medal for Opie", and "Opie's Charity".
But for overall best performance, for me it's between "Class Reunion", and
"Andy Discovers America".

I guess there are no wrong answers here. i just thought it'd be interesting
to get the input and opinions of other TAGS fans.

JOE from G.I.