We can't forget that Andy himself was also in the episode with Opie.

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 22:58:19 -0400
From: Joe <josu...@gmail.com>
To: wbmutbb@wbmutbb.com
Subject: Three in a Row - and a Gomer article

I don't always watch Gomer Pyle, but happened to catch 3 episodes in a row
on MeTV - and each one had TAGS alumni. First, there was Opie, running away
from home and wanting to join the Marines with Gomer. Next, there was the
"Prisoner of Love", Susan Oliver, playing Miss Camp Henderson who went on a
date with Gomer. Finally, tonight there was Douglas Fowley as another
hobo-type character, similar to his role in "Opie and His Merry Men". who
scams Gomer and Sgt. Carter.

Also, here is a link for anybody interested in a short article about Jim
Nabors and his role as Gomer on TAGS:

https://outsider.com/american-entertainment/tv-2/classic-tv/the-andy-griffith-show-jim-nabors-jekyll-hyde-director/

JOE from G.I.