OK. The site organization involves structure, grouping, and labeling of site content.
The "Information Architecture" (IA) is the primary methodology what makes this process
organized. The impact of a proper web site design from stand point of IA is crucial.
One consulting firm observed that 56% of search engine queries on e-commerce sites
ended in failure. One market report states that 62% of online shoppers had given up at
least once when looking for products. To save time I will mention few techniques
involved in assessment of web sites using IA-based approach. They are: Content
Prioritization, Card Sort Exercise and Cluster Analysis, Prototype Construction, etc.
I am not advocating to start applying this methodology at once; I merely stated that
this thing exists. And it's one more reason for existence of "digital divide" in our
business.
Regards,
Peter