From: Dave Presh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 September 2002 2:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] Re: [Netscape] - Weird Visual Bug on Form

On Tuesday 03 September 2002  6:13 am, you wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I'm having the strangest visual bug on Netscape 4.7:
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/mark.m/weird/weird.jpg
>
> I don't know what is causing those white rectangles to appear.. its
> confused the hell out of me.
>
> The html for that area is:
> --
>         <TABLE WIDTH="250" BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0"
> CELLPADDING="0">
>             <form method="post" action="***">
>           <TR>

<snipped by Dave P>

Hi Mark,

Most probably because you have the <form> tags within the table -

(a) the <form> object is a block-level attribute and will generally tend
add whitespace around it;

(b) it's invalid HTML to place it like that.

I'd suggest you move the form tags outside of the table, so:

<form method="post" action="***">

</form>

HTH

Dave P