Thanks for the input Diane.  Yes, I agree that it is time for me to
develop a means for the end-user to maintain their own site.  I had
thought about this already, and would want to do it on my own time so
that I could use it for more than just her.  So that is now on my list
of things to do/research.

As for selling her on the value/concept of the site, I may be wrong but
I feel that I have done everything that I can.  I have given her several
ways in which she can promote it (non-web related), which she has done
to some degree.  The site is getting hits, and while the numbers are not
"Amazon" numbers, I was pleasantly surprised due to the size of the area
that she serves.  I persuaded her to start up a small newsletter with
"email only" specials for people that signed up for it online.  That has
gone fairly well.  She is not really interested in a shopping cart, so
she is going to be somewhat limited on the area in which she can provide
business.  I have also provided her with several additional things she
could add to her site to make it more personal and add value, and while
she jumps at the thought of the idea and what it could do, she always
comes back with "she is so busy and doesn't have the time for that right
now".  So in some ways I feel that it is a losing battle.  I provided
her with the stats for one month, and then offered to roll that into the
"monthly maintenance agreement", but she was never interested in it.
She has several projects for the site through Christmas, then I will
probably have to sit with her again and propose her with her
alternatives from here on out.

Since I am not that experienced (but am a great learner!) on creating an
interface for the customer to do their own updating, I have to ask -
won't that usually have to be done via a database, and isn't that
overkill for most small sites?  Or are you thinking also along the lines
of creating templates, etc. for them to do their own updates.  I really
have been thinking about all of these things, but as I'm sure you
understand it can be pretty overwhelming to us newbies.

Thanks again for your thoughts - they are much appreciated!!
Todd