Stephen,
Thanks very much--your example works most beautifully! Time to do the dance of web designer joy :)

Have some well-deserved fun at the pub!
Amanda Birmingham

At 05:10 PM 2/7/2003 -0500, you wrote:
I'm back! I just did a search on Netscapes help site and turned up some interesting results: apparently assigning a height of 100% to an element doesn't give it any thing to reference 100% in relation to and it will default to height:auto... so, if you asign a height to the parent element, in this case the body: Presto! it works. See this example:
http://mechavox.com/athena/100percentHeight.html
:) <Massive Grin>

Well, thats enough for me! Off to the Pub, have a good weekend, everyone!

Cheers,
Stephen Caudill