Todd asked:
> Do I need to just add hidden fields down in the new <form></form>
> that has the values from above?

rudy responded:
that's one way, and quite common
here's a thought:  what if there was only one page that did all three
functions?
  it displays the form
  it displays the preview
  it processes the submit

this approach (only one page) is probably the toughest to latch onto,
conceptually, but once you figure it out, it's probably the easiest to
code
and maintain

Tim adds:
I've been doing this for some time now - the same ASP page holds the
input form, validates the input, processes the post data, and indicates
success or failure to the user.  It's been really nice having everything
related to a single function together on one page - easy to fix, easy to
maintain, easy to add more data if needed.

OTOH, I think this is partially why I have a hard time getting my head
around .NET code-behind pages...it just seems quite the opposite of this
approach.  I know why it has to be done this way but it still feels odd.

Tim
Tim Furry
Web Developer
Foulston Siefkin LLP