Eddie wrote:
When I'm on tour I create article and Pictures. They are stored in a
mySQL DB. When I want to update this DB I will not connect directly to
the mySQL DB on the Server as this would cost me to much (over
Satellite). So I was thinking on following option.

Step 1: I'm creating with Access a DB Structure as is on mySQL. There I
will fill in my Reports. From Access I make an Export into a .sql file.
Once it's done I'll send this .sql file to the Server.

Step 2: A Robot on the Server should look in a specific folder. If the
.sql file is found the Robot should 'Append' the content of this file
into the mySQL DB on the Server.

Question:  - Is it possible to have Access export data in a mySQL
             readable Form?
           - How is a Robot programmed on the Server to 'Find and
             Execute' certain commands?

This approach I choose because I want to reduce the Online time and keep
the Data Volume to transmit on a minimum.

Tim:
I don't have any experience with MySQL, but this could be done with
MSSQL and Access rather easily, I think.  Depending on whether you store
your pictures as graphics in the database or not, you could export a
comma-delimited text file from Access that should be importable into
just about any DB system.  Graphics in the DB could be problematic,
though...that might take a bit more work.

I know there are other listers with MySQL experience...ideas, anyone?

Tim
Tim Furry
Web Developer
Foulston Siefkin LLP