From: Alida Saxon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05 June 2003 02:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] Is there a form out there that doesn't use refers
for security?

Hi All,

I'm just going crazy trying to find some solution to the situation with
forms giving "unauthorized domain" errors to Norton Personal Firewall users.
Any form I found uses refers as a means of security to keep out spammers.
But Norton's PF hides the users so well, so they get lumped in with hackers.

Telling the user to turn off their firewall doesn't fly, and having them go
through the process of changing their settings isn't much better, because
who wants to deal with a site that makes you do more work than necessary?
Not many.

Is there a form out there that doesn't count on user settings for it's
security? I've been googling all last night and early this morning, and it's
driving me nuts. There's got to be a good way to make a secure form that
isn't going to be butting heads with firewalls. I could comment out the
section that checks the reffers, but that defeats what little security the
form has.  Help!

Ali

____ * The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM * ____

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author
and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group or its management.  The information in this e-mail is
confidential
and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is
unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken or
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of
information and data
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability
or
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason,
corrupted
or does not reach its intended destination.