Marv,
  I'm running IIS as my server now, but will soon be making the switch, so I was
interested in figuring this out as well. I googled "apache virtual host" and found the
following documentation:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/name-based.html
it looks like in your individual virtualhosts you should be using a '*' to denote all
IP's and specifying the "host header" or the web address of the site under ServerName
and the virtual path (e.g. www/mysite) under DocumentRoot.
it might look like this:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin             ImTheAdmin
ServerName              www.example.com