Stephen,
  thanks for the suggestion.  I might end up using this for some of my own stuff, but
my client is on dial up and the images she is going to need to resize and resample are
from 600k to 1mb, so I think the uplod times would be too great.
Thank you though,
Stephen
http://www.mechavox.com

On Thursday, July 17, 2003 5:36 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] commented:

: Hi what we have done to solve this problem is use 2 ASP components to
: allow our clients the ability to upload images to the web server
: resize and compress them on the fly to a set size i.e. portrait 200
: px Landscape 300 JPEGQuality = 80.
:
: We are using SoftArtisans safileup to get them up to the server
: <a href="http://www.softartisans.com/";
: target="_new">www.softartisans.com</a>
:
: and ASPImage to resize them
: <a href="http://www.serverobjects.com/comp/Aspimage.htm";
: target="_new">www.serverobjects.com</a>
:
: Both of these components work very well together.
:
: Only problems is Aspmage can not resize GIF files.
:
: We use this inside our content management system to let users upload
: and insert images.
:
: I know this does not offer them the ability to crop/adjust images but
: for ease of getting i.e. used car pictures displayed on the web it
: can't be beaten.
:
: Regards
:
: Stephen Hutchinson
:
:: 'lo all...
::
::   I have a client that needs a simple (*very simple*) image editor
:: with = a save for web feature so they can post images to their site.
:: Editors = like Irfanview and Jasc would be WAY too complicated.
:: I've looked at = Image Broadway, ImageLab, Image Converter Plus,
:: Ignite and a couple of = others.  Image Converter Plus
: (http://www.imageconverterplus.com/) is =
:: actually the closest I've seen so far, but it'd be nice if it was a
::   bit = simpler even than that. Any Suggestions? Experiences?
::
:: Thanks,
:: Stephen
:: http://www.mechavox.com
:
: ____ * The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM * ____
: To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
       Send Your Posts To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email. To
    change subscription settings to the wdvltalk digest version:

%%email.unsub%%