-----Original Message-----
From: Cyberspace Publishing

At 06:21 PM 08/19/2003 -0700, Abigail wrote:
>Me, too, and I have always thought that Sobig was a spammers tool. I
>don't think it is so much that Sobig harvests addresses from the web -
>it is that it harvests the addresses from cached files on the users
>machine. But Sobig also is a trojan that creates a backdoor that allows
>outsiders access to a machine; other than that, it does very little
>damage. So my opinion has been that Sobig is a way for spammers to
>create open doors through which they can relay through infected
>machines.
>
>So basically, your problem is that someone who recently visited the
>band members site is infected.
>
>-Abigail

That could be, Abigail, but I don't think so... Read the latest post from
michael ensor.  Looks like I may have been right!

I just noticed something about those I've been receiving.  Most of the
bounces contain the full header of the original infected emails.  One thing
that *every* one of those I have received have in common is this in the
bottom-most "Received From" (HELO) field:

lhs-srv1.lhssa.org with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service
Version 5.5.2653.13)
         id RC1JNLB8; Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:19:03 -0500

Looks like someone with a Texas broadband connection has been very busy,
today! ;-)