Bill wrote:
I have an asp page that creates and runs a sql statement and sends
the results back to the user as an excel file.  It works really well
until the data set gets too big - 1500 records.  If the file is too big
it crashes when downloading the excel file.  I changed the page to build

an html table instead and this crashes also.  The error message
indicates that it crashed trying to go to the first record -
objRS.movefirst.

Tim:
Bill, what's the exact error message you're getting?  Are you building
an Excel file on the server and then downloading it to the browser, or
dumping down data a record at a time?

Tim Furry
Web Developer
Foulston Siefkin LLP