Still getting the "unknown". I believe it has something to do with your
voice-family hack. If you are trying to use that to put force IE to use the
standards compliant box model you might be better off using the full xhtml
doctype with url and removing the xml prolog. Both the optional xml prolog
and the short doctype put IE into quirks mode or legacy mode instead of
standards compliance. This appears to be the one you want:

   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>

See http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html for the full list.

FWIW, here's the relevant section that shows "unknown" in IE. I included a
bit on both sides so you can find it in your stylesheet. Note that IE breaks
out the shorthand when you view it using the IE stylesheet viewer. I know
you code doesn't have padding, border and margin broken out like it is
below:

#top {
        BORDER-RIGHT: #d7d9ec 5px solid;
        PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;