> always always always test in IE -- it's gotta be at least 80% of
> EVERYONE's target audience

With Matt having issues with CSS dropdowns in IE, this is good advice from
rudy, but I thought I'd throw something out there which has benefitted me no
end.

For all us us who are now either venturing into or even exclusively
developing in (X)HTML and CSS, don't just test in IE, develop only develop
for it!!

Now of course I don't literally mean "develop only for IE" because that's
stupid and goes against everything we should be doing as web developers, but
for the grunt work pretend IE is the only browser out there. I say this for
2 reasons:

#1: IE has something like 175% of the web market so it's by far the most
common browser that will be used by your visitors
#2: IE probably has the weakest support for CSS so if it works in IE then
you pretty much got it working in everything!

Once you got the main work done then of course you should be testing it on
every other CSS-compliant browser you can get your hands on to check it's
all working OK.

So many times I've had a fancy idea but until I get it working in IE I'm not
using it in a design (like 32-bit PNGs for example). true, it does mean that
sometimes your design work is going to be limited.

Well, rambling over - your thoughts?

MOU