I have set a new partition formatted for Linux which is shown to be in line
for drive letter 'G'.   With Partition Manager I hve several times set this
by the 'mount' option.

However, when I restart the letter has gone.   Is this because Wndows hates
Linux, or should I look in another direction?

(Drives are:
HDD -C, D, E, G
CD/DVD - F).

Joseph

PS  I have also tried setting the letter as 'H' - same nothing. (Dell PIV,
Xp, 512 RAM, only (only?) 80G HD)