Cheryl

I'm not a big fan of image replacement anyway but since we can do so much with web design/development these days (Microsoft browsers permitting of course) but also have so many different aspects to consider 9 times in 10 I move more towards keeping things accessible and don't bother with any image replacement at all (common page graphics and titles are not usually part of my heading structure so alt text works fine for them - the meat of my copy is what I want visitors and search engines to see).

I did however forget about the off-screen positioning of text approach which does everything IR needs to do yet still is available by screen readers/accessibility tools (of course I will never understand why screen readers for web browsers read the rendered version for screen instead of the markup itself - screen is for display on screen surely?) so thanks for reminding me.

An upcoming project looks though like I might be needing an awful lot of IR so cheers for the link too.

MOU

____ • The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM • ____ To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or use the web interface http://e-newsletters.internet.com/discussionlists.html/ Send Your Posts To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To change subscription settings or add a password: http://intm-dl.sparklist.com/read/?forum=wdvltalk