Hi Peter,

I never saw the original post you made regarding the problem you are having (seems to happen on this list a fair bit) so I am a little unsure as to what your problem is. From the thread, I can only assume there is a playback problem with a video you have made yourself and are trying to distribute on a CD.

As pointed out by someone else, playback problems with videos are usually codec problems. There is a free program called Gspot that will identify video and audio codecs in movie files. It is called gSpot and is free - a google search on "gSpot" will direct you to http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ However just identifying the missing codec is not really the solution as it is likely that the people you send the CD to will also be missing the codec. However to do what I think you need to do (see bleow) you will still need the correct codec before you can proceed.

However, it seems to me what you want to do is create a CD that you can insert into a standard DVD player or computer with a CD/DVD player and be able to play it. Since you mention you don't have access to a DVD burner what you need to do is create a VCD (or SVCD). This can be done with a standard CD burner. A google search with the keywords "how to make a VCD" will supply you with lots of links on how to do this.

Also a google search on keywords "freeware VCD authoring" and "free VCD authoring" will bring up lots of links to free VCD authoring software.

Hope this helps,

Ken
--

"reality is the interval between two thoughts"

personal site: http://zazen.aussieguide.com

FileMaker Pro Talk listadmin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Web Design * Web Hosting *   FilemakerPro  * Graphic Design
Networking *   Internet  * Troubleshooting * Support

             /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
             \ / No HTML/RTF in email
              X  No Word docs in email
             / \ Respect Open Standards!