Deb
> I really like your FLASH =) I think overall it looks
> very sharp.
Glad somebody likes it lol!!! Trust me guys it will be
better when it's finished...

> There are 2 things I would change.  1) it's very
narrow - I would widen it out a bit
> - I'm thinking to 700'ish px or so
Just goes to show how long ago I did the design work
(been up to my  neck in PHP for a month) I thought it
was!! Or at least I was going to redesign to 700px
wide. If I have the time with deadlines now I think I
will, otherwise it'll have to stay as it is for a
while :(

> and 2) I don't care for the grey-purple-y gradient >
background ~coloring~
That does need to change to a dark blue to go with the
rest of the TMM colouring. I think I'll stick with the
gradient though as the flat colour seemed, well, too
flat when I mocked it up (did originally do a drop
shadow on either side but that caused problems if the
content <div> was shorter than the page height).

> I would like to ask if you'd share the way you did
> your rounded corners?
I'm rather pleased with myself with these things I
must say. One of those nice little revelations you get
when you're trying to sleep.

Don't have the time ATM for full CSS but basically
this is what I did:

-- used a heading tag (either H2 or H3 depending on
where in the page the panel appears) styled with an
image with rounded corners for the top. The image is
just tall enough to give the rounded edge. The
background colour is the same as the background colour
in the image, then the image is placed at the top of
the block and not repeated.

-- the panel content is a <ul> with the relevant size
and colour borders left and right. The <li>s inside of
the <ul> are styled accordingly for position and
stuff.

-- there are 3 key classes for the <a>s inside the
<li>s though: .first, .last and .solo.

.first (for the first list item) has a background
image positioned no-repeat with does the inner rounded
corners. As most of the margins are set to 0 in this
lot, the inner rounded corners will be flush to the
heading, giving the rounded panel look.

.last has the thick bottom border to close the panel

.solo is a combination of both for single-item panels.

So using the images fixed to the top of the relevant
blocks (with borders and background colours mainly
used for the panel effect) it doesn't matter how much
the blocks size with the flow and size of text, the
rounded panel effect is maintained.

I'm rubbish at describing things so I shall post the
CSS I used if you want to have a look, alternatively
have a look at
http://www.themmen.co.uk/newsite/lib/css/screen.css
and find the "quicklinx" class (it needs a lot of
cleaning up though).

MOU