From: Diane Schips [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 4:02 PM
To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com
Subject: [wdvltalk] Serious hard drive problem

I'm trying to help my parents with their computer.  It keeps freezing.
They were running Windows 98se, so I sought to upgrade them to Windows
200 prof.  At the point where the OS starts looking for installed
components, it freezes.  Rebooting doesn't help, it just keeps freezing.

I tried putting the hard drive in another computer.  I get past the
notification that it has been upgraded to NTFS, then I get the blue
screen of death.  If I try to use it as a slave, I get a message that it
is unformatted.

Nothing was backed up of course.

Is there anything I can do to save the data?

Diane

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ''