From: David Blakey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 1:57 PM
To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com
Subject: Re: [wdvltalk] "Web site" or "website,

>I'm curious to know which spelling list members are now tending to use:
"Web
>site" or "website".  The last style guide I referred to had "Web site",
but
>my own view is that the world has progressed to the point that "Web"
(when
>referring to the Internet) is no longer viewed as a metaphor, but
rather as
>a simple noun, so I am now tending to prefer "website".

The most common version is 'website', and is in the American and British

style guides that I check.

'Internet' should remain capitalized, and is in those style guides, but
it
seems to be lower-case in a lot of writing.

Regards,
David

____ * The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM * ____
To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or
use the web interface
http://e-newsletters.internet.com/discussionlists.html/
To change subscription settings, add a password or view the web
interface:

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ''