I use Pagemaker - but sorry can't suggest anything useful on this especially as to why adding a page solves his prob. My experience with it is that you can never use the expert kerning feature for the damn font you happen to want to tweak at the time... it goes along with the usual stuff about the most pain in the butt client picking the most untweakable font.....

Franni

No one has attempted to answer this and it does seem puzzling. The effect can be seen in a small pdf from http://2lazy4u.us/fonts.pdf (I think he still has it up)

As you see the top sample is normally kerned; the bottom one looks as though all the letters ahve had their kerning cut by about half, so the letters run into one another. Any clear idea why this might be so?

Someone on another list has found a problem in Pagemaker.    He writes:

''When I try to kern either, Pagemaker tells me that it is a True Type font and cannot be kerned. When I checked all of the paragraph and style settings everything is the same. Oddly enough if I add a page and try the font it shows up right. ''

I have no experience with Pagemaker, and wonder if anyone has some advice for him?

TIA

Joseph Harris

toilet humor about the toilet
http://www.Looperman-is-ready.com