From: Peter MacGregor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:26 AM
To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com
Subject: Re: [wdvltalk] AVG v OE

Joseph - one of my sons is IT Manager for a large
London Advertising Agency. (200 users on a
network of servers in two London and one Bristol
office). I ordered a new Dell desktop last week
that comes with XP Home. He told me to wipe it
off before I do anything - he said it is nothing
but trouble and he's now banned it from any
machine owned by the company either in house or
at home - and also has told staff he won't advise
on problems on their own machines on which they
are doing business work (they allow this for some
people that can't justify a dedicated home
machine and as a "perk" he supplies technical support to them).

He said there are all sorts of problems with it
that MS won't acknowledge (his company is a
corporate MS licensee due to the number they have
and also a corporate customer of Dell, (for all
the good that did me!) as they buy exclusively
Dell machines and he's told them he doesn't want
it. He's told me to get XP Professional.

The problem you describe (no AVG message on
emails) is just one of those he mentioned. He
says as a result you don't know whether you are safe or not.

My two penn'orth for what it's worth.

Peter MacGregor

http://e-newsletters.internet.com/discussionlists.html/